Join Now! Forgot My Password
tmeet - Forum - Marrying within one religion.
Discussion Forum Index / Religion and Politics Forums / Marrying within one religion.
Pages: - [ 1 2 3 ] - Next Page

Tinkerb1tch
37 / Female

Posted: April 26 2006 at 09:17 AM

Do you think that people should marry within their own religions? If so why? if so why not?

Tinkerb1tch
37 / Female

Posted: April 26 2006 at 09:17 AM

Quote: Tinkerb1tch
  Do you think that people should marry within their own religions? If so why? if so why not?

If no****

Mike
36 / Male

Posted: April 26 2006 at 11:32 AM

lol rere get it right!

Olya
35 / Female

Posted: April 27 2006 at 03:47 PM

i think for most people in north america these days religion is not a top priority and therefore should not necessairly be a dividing factor in terms of looking for a partener. although for those that are religious (even slightly) commonly a religion will mark similar morals, ethics and interests therefore making a bond more likely to form.

MKD_King
35 / Male

Posted: April 27 2006 at 04:16 PM

Quote: Olya
  i think for most people in north america these days religion is not a top priority and therefore should not necessairly be a dividing factor in terms of looking for a partener. although for those that are religious (even slightly) commonly a religion will mark similar morals, ethics and interests therefore making a bond more likely to form.

I agree with you, that's why I stick to Orthodox Catholic Slavic girls only.

pizdetz
37 / Male

Posted: April 27 2006 at 04:19 PM

religions NO... first language YES

Vitali
37 / Male

Posted: April 28 2006 at 12:10 PM

One word: no. It doesn't matter what religion a person is, if there's something there, don't let something like religion stand in the way.

sekceenikki10
35 / Female

Posted: May 02 2006 at 09:04 PM

Quote: Vitali
  One word: no. It doesn't matter what religion a person is, if there's something there, don't let something like religion stand in the way.

i agree with that 100%!

Jan_na
35 / Female

Posted: May 02 2006 at 09:14 PM

Quote: Vitali

I absolutely agree with this. especially considering the fact that religion is no longer a major driving factor in North American society (actually that's not true either, it really depends on the situation and how you look at this...), however for some it is important and that can not be ignored. The usual thoughts behind this notion are simple, marrying within the same religion poses for less conflict in terms of how the home will be run, not to mention the fact that it is ritual in some religions to have a spouse from the same belief system. Personally I don't agree with this, most likely because I myself am not religious, however it is important for certain people. So really the reality is that, like with many other choices, it all depends on the individual.

<--- couldn't resist ^-^

The_Icepick
38 / Male

Posted: May 02 2006 at 09:30 PM

I would definitely prefer someone who is of my own religion, I think Jan_na mentioned that there's less confict in regards to a few issues that might arrise as the marriage progresses.

However, to let go or ignore a person because she's not of ur religion is ludicrous!

TMoore
37 / Male

Posted: May 12 2006 at 12:03 AM

I believe Religion is of the utmost importance. No matter if it be Muslim, Jewish, Christian or Atheist. If you can't agree on things that are fundamental, such as how the universe began, or what kind of values there are (ex. the path to slavation, be it nonexistant, belief in Jesus, meditation, self deprivation) then how are you going to keep a united house?

faded9
36 / Female

Posted: May 12 2006 at 12:05 AM

omg let me tell u i dated someone who wasnt the same religion as me and i didnt care...why would i let that stop me from liking someone...but his mother on the other hand, oh god don't get me started didn't like fact i wasn't same religion and broke us up

GreenLion1963
48 / Male

Posted: May 23 2006 at 03:53 PM

Well, I'll only marry a Ukrainian girl, but only Ukrainians who are Ukrainian Catholic or Ukrainian Orthodox. So it kind of does for me.

GreenLion1963
48 / Male

Posted: May 23 2006 at 03:55 PM

ps, what do those atheists yell if they haev sex?

- nothing

Slavster
37 / Male

Posted: May 23 2006 at 04:04 PM

i dun think tht you should set up standards where you are only looking for a person from a certain religion...w/e happens happens u kno....for me personally it doesnt metter but to osme it does i think its a personal choice after all

djpete
36 / Male

Posted: May 23 2006 at 06:43 PM

i would want to mary someone who is my own religion

djpete
36 / Male

Posted: May 23 2006 at 06:43 PM

but that is becasue my parents want me to find a nice jewish girl becasue im jeiwsh

The_Icepick
38 / Male

Posted: May 23 2006 at 07:08 PM

Quote: djpete
  but that is becasue my parents want me to find a nice jewish girl becasue im jeiwsh

HAHAHA...so true here as well.

My grandparents especially don't understand me when I go out with a Jewish girl.

And to think out of ALL of my exes...none of them was Jewish...hmmm....

djpete
36 / Male

Posted: May 23 2006 at 08:04 PM

ya

Tyoma
35 / Male

Posted: May 24 2006 at 01:48 AM

Quote: TMoore
  I believe Religion is of the utmost importance. No matter if it be Muslim, Jewish, Christian or Atheist. If you can't agree on things that are fundamental, such as how the universe began, or what kind of values there are (ex. the path to slavation, be it nonexistant, belief in Jesus, meditation, self deprivation) then how are you going to keep a united house?

I have yet to meet the person who considers any of those factors a drive in their relationship, you may disagree on all of those things, but those are individual things that in the long run don't necessarily need to be agreed upon and shared in order for you to form and maintain successfull relationship, do you not agree?

Pages: - [ 1 2 3 ] - Next Page
Untitled Document