Join Now! Forgot My Password
tmeet - Forum - Marrying within one religion.
Discussion Forum Index / Religion and Politics Forums / Marrying within one religion.
Pages: Previous Page - [ 1 2 3 ] - Next Page
   
TMoore
31 / Male

Posts:13
Rank: Newbie
Posted: May 24 2006 at 11:53 PM

  I consider them of the utmost importance. Is lying wrong? What about little white lies? Most people would say the first is wrong, and the seccond is justifiable. However, a devout christian (I don't know what other religions would say) would say both are equally wrong. Is killing to defend yourself wrong? When does discipline become child abuse? How important is discipline anyways? How long does a marrage last? Is a marrage religious or social? Is divorce admissible? Under what circumstances? These are somewhat important issues, and all of them are influenced by religion. That's why marrying within one religion is important.
 
   
Tyoma
28 / Male

Posts:326
Rank: God
Posted: May 25 2006 at 12:59 AM

  I agree to a certain extent, because again, all of those issues can be addressed between highly religious people, then it's understandable that you will run into difficulties with all of those issues. Although, some of those issues are applied to everyday life even without religion, for example divorce and discipline. In Europe divorce is frowned upon and is disgraceful, here (North America) every other person i meet is divorced or knows someone who is. Discipline, same thing, who in Europe has ever heard of a “time out” or a “grounding”? If your child has done something stupid you beat him, plain and simple, regardless of your religion and how devout you may be.

As well you can’t touch on religion without tripping over morals and ethics, you may be a part of a certain religion yet disagree with certain aspects of it, as you mentioned discipline, divorce…or I’ll bring an example of my own into this, abortion etc…

If you find yourself truly dedicated to a certain religion then I agree it’s crucial for the development of the relationship that you share those views but let’s face it, there are too many modern world problems conflicting with religious views that in the end force you to make certain compromises.
 
   
TOLSTI
29 / Male

Posts:461
Rank: God
Posted: May 25 2006 at 01:05 AM

  MENA OTCHEN BESIt kogda ya viju persov s nashimi Krasavitsami.... : i like when russian girls date post soviet guyz....
 
   
Tinkerb1tch
30 / Female

Posts:1601
Rank: Moderator
Posted: May 29 2006 at 09:01 AM

 
  Quote: Tyoma
  I agree to a certain extent, because again, all of those issues can be addressed between highly religious people, then it's understandable that you will run into difficulties with all of those issues. Although, some of those issues are applied to everyday life even without religion, for example divorce and discipline. In Europe divorce is frowned upon and is disgraceful, here (North America) every other person i meet is divorced or knows someone who is. Discipline, same thing, who in Europe has ever heard of a “time out” or a “grounding”? If your child has done something stupid you beat him, plain and simple, regardless of your religion and how devout you may be.

As well you can’t touch on religion without tripping over morals and ethics, you may be a part of a certain religion yet disagree with certain aspects of it, as you mentioned discipline, divorce…or I’ll bring an example of my own into this, abortion etc…

If you find yourself truly dedicated to a certain religion then I agree it’s crucial for the development of the relationship that you share those views but let’s face it, there are too many modern world problems conflicting with religious views that in the end force you to make certain compromises.



All of that and you're only 17?? WOW! Props to you!
 
   
shawnka
27 / Female

Posts:61
Rank: Senior
Posted: July 21 2006 at 12:38 AM

  my parents think very highly of me marrying a jewish man and raising my children in a pure jewish household. there is such thing as conversion and lots of ppl do it. however that does not make the person jewish, for example, if the person converted from christian to jewish. the person is still a christian inside and forever will stay a christian. basically i dont think that there shud be a strict rule on marrying within the religion, however, it is always better that way. then the kids will understand the real religion of the family and will only have to follow one religion. instead of having a menorah standing beside a christmas tree.
 
   
Tinkerb1tch
30 / Female

Posts:1601
Rank: Moderator
Posted: July 21 2006 at 09:13 AM

 
  Quote: shawnka
  my parents think very highly of me marrying a jewish man and raising my children in a pure jewish household. there is such thing as conversion and lots of ppl do it. however that does not make the person jewish, for example, if the person converted from christian to jewish. the person is still a christian inside and forever will stay a christian. basically i dont think that there shud be a strict rule on marrying within the religion, however, it is always better that way. then the kids will understand the real religion of the family and will only have to follow one religion. instead of having a menorah standing beside a christmas tree.


Just a lil tid bit.. The Christmas tree is NOT a symbol of the Christian/Catholic faith... its something that ppl who advertize the holiday season to make money associate Christmas with.

 
   
shawnka
27 / Female

Posts:61
Rank: Senior
Posted: July 21 2006 at 10:59 AM

 
  Quote: Tinkerb1tch
 
  Quote: shawnka
  my parents think very highly of me marrying a jewish man and raising my children in a pure jewish household. there is such thing as conversion and lots of ppl do it. however that does not make the person jewish, for example, if the person converted from christian to jewish. the person is still a christian inside and forever will stay a christian. basically i dont think that there shud be a strict rule on marrying within the religion, however, it is always better that way. then the kids will understand the real religion of the family and will only have to follow one religion. instead of having a menorah standing beside a christmas tree.


Just a lil tid bit.. The Christmas tree is NOT a symbol of the Christian/Catholic faith... its something that ppl who advertize the holiday season to make money associate Christmas with.

at the same time though people who celebrate christmas are those who put up a christmas tree. not those who celebrate hannukah. whoever puts up a christmas tree while celebrating hannukah r those who put it up because its their choice. but a christmas tree is supposed to celebrate christmas and christmas is when christ was born. christmas is not a jewish holiday. thats all i was trying to say.
 
   
xxbeautiful7
26 / Female

Posts:1003
Rank: SuperGod
Posted: July 26 2006 at 10:54 PM

  To me religion does matter. As a jew i wouldn't want crosses all over my house, i want to keep my jewish traditions.
 
   
big_john
35 / Male

Posts:421
Rank: God
Posted: August 04 2006 at 11:37 AM

  a few thoughts on the topic if i may:

Take a look at the major world religions (Catholicism, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism and, Judaism) though we may find differences in certain rights and traditions, the essential message is the same. They all advocate love, compassion, and forgivenes.
so all the different religions are basically preaching the same thing, therefore we have established a common ground from which a relationship can flourish.

There are many reasons why someone has the religious affiliation they do: it could be b/c they were raised that tradition, or it could be b/c they have deep spritual association etc. whatever the reasons may be, in the end, ones religious beliefs are a personal decision.there is no evidence to prove/disprove the existence of God, so when one chooses to believe, or not to believe in religion, they are taking a leap of faith.

when it come to raising kids, why not let the child decide for themselves what to believe in. why not as responsible parents expose our children to various religions and make up their own minds as to what they want to believe in.
 
   
chris4d
31 / Male

Posts:107
Rank: Addict
Posted: August 04 2006 at 12:11 PM

  THE BLACKOUT PARTY AUG 30th
 
   
beer_buddy
27 / Male

Posts:48
Rank: Regular
Posted: August 21 2006 at 11:37 PM

  ok i just think that being with someone who has the same religion just makes things easier, but if both of yu are not religious then thats not a problem. It gets hard when you have kids and u have to decide which religion they gonna follow.
 
   
Tyoma
28 / Male

Posts:326
Rank: God
Posted: October 27 2006 at 07:20 PM

 
  Quote: big_john
  ....Take a look at the major world religions (Catholicism, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism and, Judaism) though we may find differences in certain rights and traditions, the essential message is the same. They all advocate love, compassion, and forgivenes...


I think you need to go back to Islam 101.
 
   
katenka*
28 / Female

Posts:94
Rank: Senior
Posted: March 14 2007 at 11:44 AM

  ok let me tell u one thing. i am from israel. and i think all of you know that there are conflicts between jews and muslims. When i came here to Canada. I just realized that it doesn't matter if the guy is chineese or black or if he is from palestine. in Israel i used to hate all muslims. and now what? i ended up dating a muslim guy and hanging out with muslims only. and they are amazing people. and religion will never stop me of loving someone. my parents want me to marry a jewish guy... but if i have to choose between a jew that acts like an idiot with a lot of money and treats me bad between a muslim guy that truly loves and cares about me i will defenetly marry a muslim guy.
 
   
TOLSTI
29 / Male

Posts:461
Rank: God
Posted: March 14 2007 at 11:42 PM

  i dunt kno for me its not so much as religion as race kind of thing like it pisses me off 2 c a russian/ pre soviet union girl with a guy who is like persian or asian im not racist its just i dunt kno a lot of russians think like dat so obviously i dunt really even like girls of other races.....
 
   
Karinka
41 / Female

Posts:773
Rank: God
Posted: March 14 2007 at 11:53 PM

  i dated a non-russian guy, but still eastern european...and even then my parents didnt approve. my parents are soviet nazis...lol jkz..
nonetheless they prefer that i date within my race and religion. as for marriage, i see myself marrying a russian christian guy. will result in less clashes i think, since its same cultural and religious values...
 
   
Ukrainian
41 / Male

Posts:35
Rank: Regular
Posted: March 16 2007 at 09:50 PM

  i'll only marry a ukrainian, maybe polish or czech or something like that though. i wouldn't really ever consider a russian though.
 
   
katenka*
28 / Female

Posts:94
Rank: Senior
Posted: March 16 2007 at 11:00 PM

 
  Quote: Ukrainian
  i'll only marry a ukrainian, maybe polish or czech or something like that though. i wouldn't really ever consider a russian though.


i don't think there is much difference between russians and ukrainian almost the same language ,the same traditions and the same religion
 
   
Karinka
41 / Female

Posts:773
Rank: God
Posted: March 16 2007 at 11:51 PM

  yeah theyre rly similar...
 
   
Ukrainian
41 / Male

Posts:35
Rank: Regular
Posted: March 17 2007 at 03:51 PM

 
  Quote: katenka*
 
  Quote: Ukrainian
  i'll only marry a ukrainian, maybe polish or czech or something like that though. i wouldn't really ever consider a russian though.


i don't think there is much difference between russians and ukrainian almost the same language ,the same traditions and the same religion


nah..

traditions are in most cases very different..

religion is different (ukrainians are ukrainian orthodox or ukrainian greek catholic)

the language also has alot of differences...

i guess they're similar but no more similar then like polish and slovakian or something...or german and dutch...or italian and french...

it just pisses me off how 99% of the "ukrainians" here just call themselves russians, dont speak any ukrainian whatsoever, and etc...**** disgraces lol
 
   
Ukrainian
41 / Male

Posts:35
Rank: Regular
Posted: March 17 2007 at 07:01 PM

 
  Quote: TOLSTI
  i dunt kno for me its not so much as religion as race kind of thing like it pisses me off 2 c a russian/ pre soviet union girl with a guy who is like persian or asian im not racist its just i dunt kno a lot of russians think like dat so obviously i dunt really even like girls of other races.....


i see what ur saying and i dont think its racist at all....everyone thinks like that, at least deep down even if they dont admit it...
 
 
Pages: Previous Page - [ 1 2 3 ] - Next Page
Untitled Document