Join Now! Forgot My Password
tmeet - Forum - Terrorism
Discussion Forum Index / Religion and Politics Forums / Terrorism
Pages: - [ 1 ] -

kour0sh
30 / Male

Posted: May 01 2006 at 05:55 PM

after hearing this word, whats the first things that pop in your mind?

for me its usually something about middle east whenever i hear that word, and in my opinion i dont think its a good thing because terrorsim can be caused by anyone not just middle easterns.

pizdetz
31 / Male

Posted: May 01 2006 at 05:57 PM

brainwashed arabs ...i m just being honest

Vitali
30 / Male

Posted: May 01 2006 at 07:46 PM

kur0sh, you're absultely right. What about the Irish Republican Army, that bombs stuff in Belfast? What about Kim Jong Il in North Korea? Terrorists are not all middle eastern.

Whisky
32 / Male

Posted: May 02 2006 at 11:34 AM

And don't forget plain old guys from Montana.

markyf
30 / Male

Posted: May 02 2006 at 11:35 AM

Quote: Whisky

i dont get it

Whisky
32 / Male

Posted: May 03 2006 at 11:06 PM

Quote: markyf

Quote: Whisky

i dont get it

It's just a reputation the mid-west has in the United States.

Domestic terroism in the United States commonly comes from the Mid-West trailer-trash states such as: Montana,Kansas,Oklahoma,Nebraska,Colorado.

Plural first names such as Billy-Bob-Danny-Frank are also common, along with men with grease stained undershirts who beat their wives on the front porch.

soviet_soldie
31 / Female

Posted: May 03 2006 at 11:11 PM

terrorism is gay

The_Icepick
31 / Male

Posted: May 03 2006 at 11:14 PM

Quote: soviet_soldie
  terrorism is gay

what he said

Soldat_Udachi
32 / Male

Posted: May 03 2006 at 11:37 PM

technicly they arnt really terrorists. they are militias. there is a big diffirence

Mike
30 / Male

Posted: May 03 2006 at 11:39 PM

terrorists

TMoore
31 / Male

Posted: May 12 2006 at 12:11 AM

Soldat is right. There is a very big difference between terrorists and militias. A militia is someone who grabbed a weapon, be it a gun, a pack of explosives, or a hijacked plane. A terrorist is completely different. A terrorist doesn't always want to kill his enemy, but instead, to inspire terror. For example, 9/11 was a terrorist attack. Why? Because think about all the people who were afraid to fly, who were afraid to go in tall buildings, because of those attacks. In places where terrorism is more common, a frequent form of attack is the 3 minute bomb. With this, two bombs are placed. One explodes, causing the initial damage, and one is set to go off 3 minutes later, just as people get to the scene to help. However, not all bombings will have this seccond bomb. Usually, one in three or four will. So, the psychology behind this is thus. The first time, people rush to help, and are blown apart by the seccond bomb. People become afraid to help, untill there are a couple "safe" bombings. People begin to help again, and they are blown apart. Eventually people are too afraid to help, because although the odds are against it, it could cost them their lives. That's terrorism.

The other part is that Terrorism can't be constant. You can't keep someone in constant terror. It becomes normal. People begin to accept the fact that there is risk. It's like this, we all know when we go outside there is a faint chance that some minor part will have falen off a plane, or a shingle will be blown off a roof, hit our heads, and kill us. However, we live with that risk, so we accept it. Similarly, in places riddled with violent actions, people become accustomed to the idea that when they go outside, they could be shot. They still have to go outside to get food, and other supplies. It's just part of life.

GlebMat
29 / Male

Posted: May 12 2006 at 02:18 AM

Quote: Vitali
  kur0sh, you're absultely right. What about the Irish Republican Army, that bombs stuff in Belfast? What about Kim Jong Il in North Korea? Terrorists are not all middle eastern.

Do you know ANYTHING about the IRA? You would know that the IRA calls days in advance, so that there will be no civillian casualties. They have also now negotiated a cease-fire, something that is not in sight for the M.E. organizations.

Jong Il perhaps is a dictator if anything, but when talking about terrorism, people don't usually refer to state terrorism (an example of that would be Stalin)

Vitali
30 / Male

Posted: May 12 2006 at 12:30 PM

Quote: GlebMat

Quote: Vitali

Do you know ANYTHING about the IRA? You would know that the IRA calls days in advance, so that there will be no civillian casualties. They have also now negotiated a cease-fire, something that is not in sight for the M.E. organizations.

Jong Il perhaps is a dictator if anything, but when talking about terrorism, people don't usually refer to state terrorism (an example of that would be Stalin)

Still man, even if they warn days in advance, that's not justification for committing these acts. Be that as it may, I don't know that much about the IRA (I'm by no means a global politics expert), but my statement still stands. Terrorists don't have to be middle eastern, and middle easterners don't have to be terrorists.

I.D.F
30 / Male

Posted: May 12 2006 at 01:10 PM

brainwashed palestians

GlebMat
29 / Male

Posted: May 12 2006 at 03:50 PM

By no means am I saying that all terrorists are M.Es, nor that all M.Es are terrorists.

But I think that the terrorism Che was committing, and what the IRA was doing, is a bit different from what Hamas is doing. Ones targeted mainly government/military property, wanted to have as little casualties as possible, and were reasonable people. The others are just brainwashing children to do the dirty work of the leaders, and are bent on killing and hurting civillians.

gino_mikey
30 / Male

Posted: May 12 2006 at 04:05 PM

I HATE TERRORISM.......AND 9/11 IS ALL BULLSHITTT

Pages: - [ 1 ] -
Untitled Document