Join Now! Forgot My Password
tmeet - Forum - Love?!
Discussion Forum Index / Love, Sex and Relationships / Love?!
Pages: - [ 1 2 3 4 ] - Next Page

babe_liana
33 / Female

Posted: December 14 2006 at 09:34 PM

Discussion...

I want to see if I am wrong or no... for now I can give some prooves that there's NO LOVE in this world! Do you want to know why I think so? Well here you go...

Reason #1 There's no love because in relationship males want to use females only for their needs.

Reason #2 If you like your b/f or g/f it doesn't mean he/she likes you back the way you do. It's always like that in a relationship; someone likes more then another.

Reason #3 You think that there's love coz you'r relationship is so good and almoust perfect? Well its called lies. You and your partner lie to each other thats why you don't have that much fights because both of you keep secrets from each other.

Reason #4 Well do you know why people go out? Because they LIKE each other. They like his/her partner's personality, look, they have same interests, etc., but it doesnt have to do anythin with love. Why people go out for long time? Well they got used to each other.

Reason #5 Do you know why people now get married? Because they find their right partner, with which they think they can live and have good family. Partners LIKE each other but its not love. Love can be gone in 1 or 2 month. The reason why people live with each other is because they got used to each other.

I don't think I will ever see love in this world (never seen "love" couples...). Any ideas about "love and anti-love" thing?!

FrUiTyRuTi
32 / Female

Posted: December 14 2006 at 09:52 PM

This is how many people approach a relationship. Consciously or unconsciously, they believe love is a based on physical and emotional attraction that magically, spontaneously generates when Mr. or Ms. Right appears. And just as easily, it can spontaneously degenerate when the magic "just isn't there" anymore. You fall in love, and you can fall out of it.

But love does exist. In many cases what you writen is false because love is not just based on looks and always thinking what the other partner thinks.... love is when you trust each other, when you are able to tell the other person everything thats on your mind and KNOW that he/she is not lying to you. If you didnt know humans actually only have two feelings and thats love and hate. Hating is way easier than to love but with love ANYTHING can get acomplished. If you love yourself and believe in yourself than all your dreams can come true. Anywayz thats another VERY long topic... but there is such thing as love. Isn't it grand? The hand-holding, the smooching, the cute little gifts you exchange, the endless kisses C'mon that obviously shows how much in love ppl are

babe_liana
33 / Female

Posted: December 14 2006 at 10:03 PM

Well, hand-holding, the smooching, cute gifts kinda show love things... but... why after a while people break up? If it is love, why they break up after a while and start going out with another person...

FrUiTyRuTi
32 / Female

Posted: December 14 2006 at 10:06 PM

Well there too posobilities... maybe they have too much in common and that definately doesnt make a relationship workout or they are scared to commit to a relationship. This is obviously among teenagers. Adults have more expirience and so they know hwat there looking for when they go into a serious relationship. Unlike teens, most of us look at appearence...

FrUiTyRuTi
32 / Female

Posted: December 14 2006 at 10:13 PM

Let me ask you a question... do you love your mom, your dad? Thats considered love. When your afraid to let go and ypu always want them to be there... obviously they piss you off just like your bf/gf but its all a part of the process, I meen were humans we always need to be pist at someone I meen if your not than life isnt going to be so exiting

babe_liana
33 / Female

Posted: December 14 2006 at 10:30 PM

ofcourse I love my mommy and daddy lol, but parent's love and love between male and female is different.. isn't?

GlebMat
35 / Male

Posted: December 14 2006 at 11:31 PM

How can others post about what you would consider “love”? Just by asking others shows your immaturity and your incomprehension of “love”. You’re a 15 year old girl, with pictures which would probably shame your mother on your tmeet account, which just leaves to imagination how you usually are. What kind of approval do you expect to get, and what kind of guys do you expect to attract with that kind of indecency? That answers your reason #1, guess what, if you look “cheap”, you’ll attract the wrong guys (and are mostly attracted to the wrong guys), and then guess what, they’ll use you and dump you. Shouldn’t be much of a challenge to figure that one out, if you wanted to attract a good guy he’d be attracted based on your personality, not based on how good your ass looks in jeans or anything of that sort.
The answer to reason #2 is a simple sentence: life sucks, and it’s also unfair. Hence why you have one person liking the other one more, that’s just the way life is, but in essence, how can you really measure “caring”? Is it because they say it more, because they display it more, because they are prouder of their partner? There’s absolutely no way to compare it, because for every way you might suggest with one prevailing, I might be able to come up with a way proving the other partner prevailing.
To answer your reason #3, just because you had a bad relationship doesn’t mean everyone does. Those who base their relationship on honesty might have a more open relationship and a happier one, and if it ends, at least they’ll know they got the most out of it as they possibly could.
Reason #4 looks like the first sensible thing you’ve said so far – good job for the matureness you have displayed with that comment.
#5 – how do you know love is gone that fast? How do you define the border between liking and loving? All the respect I had for you at comment #4 has been destroyed, again you show your immatureness. How could you possibly define and comprehend what love is, being 15 years old and probably just have come out of a relationship (which might have been your first)? Each person has their own perspective on love, but this whole “I love you” stuff that individuals, especially girls, your age say after being with their partner for a few days/weeks, THAT degrades the understanding of the concept of love and also completely ruins the previous reverence which was held for that word.

GlebMat
35 / Male

Posted: December 14 2006 at 11:34 PM

Quote: FrUiTyRuTi
  This is how many people approach a relationship. Consciously or unconsciously, they believe love is a based on physical and emotional attraction that magically, spontaneously generates when Mr. or Ms. Right appears. And just as easily, it can spontaneously degenerate when the magic "just isn't there" anymore. You fall in love, and you can fall out of it.
But love does exist. In many cases what you writen is false because love is not just based on looks and always thinking what the other partner thinks.... love is when you trust each other, when you are able to tell the other person everything thats on your mind and KNOW that he/she is not lying to you. If you didnt know humans actually only have two feelings and thats love and hate. Hating is way easier than to love but with love ANYTHING can get acomplished. If you love yourself and believe in yourself than all your dreams can come true. Anywayz thats another VERY long topic... but there is such thing as love. Isn't it grand? The hand-holding, the smooching, the cute little gifts you exchange, the endless kisses C'mon that obviously shows how much in love ppl are

FrUiTyRuTi – excellent response, though I disagree that love has to necessarirly be showed in the form of physical actions (touching, kissing, etc.) – I also disagree with your notion of only having two different feelings, of love and hate, but that’s a different topic.

FrUiTyRuTi
32 / Female

Posted: December 14 2006 at 11:35 PM

I'm too lazy to read all of this but whats wrong with her pictures? There fine, I meen look at all the other pics that girlz have on... atleast she doesnt stand half naked infront of the camera... once again I agree with Gleb that there is such thing as love but ppl have different opinions, theres no right or wrong answer...

FrUiTyRuTi
32 / Female

Posted: December 14 2006 at 11:36 PM

Well the love and hate is an EXTREAMLY long topic lolz I read like 5 book about it and its actually relli cool but thats for my reasons Good responce by the way

rus_allince
48 / Male

Posted: December 14 2006 at 11:37 PM

ok ok i like this topic so here is my opnion on this.

first of all,thats true what Ilana said about "you dont have many fights becuase you lie to eachother" see thats true,cuz ive experianced it. at first the relationship is...amazing..just amazing...perfect as can be,no complains,your IN love, and you feel so good and all that crap

but i do not agree that they must LIKE eachother...like can turn into many feelings. they obviously can love,and love comes from RESPECT AND TRUST. there is no relationship that will work out withouth honesty and respect...trust is what keeps you together. thats basically ...what love is.

but you cant be so naive and believe that if you talk about everything to your partner,and not lie...you cant possible believe that all your dreams will come tture..THERE IS NO SUCH THING..and i am not pesimistic i am REALISTIC...there is no such thing ALL YOUR DREAMS COMING TRUE...you cant possible do not thing and just believe in yousef and wait for your dreams to come true. there will always be obstacles in your way,always new challenges,new problems...even problems that are not worth paying attention to,but they are still problems and they piss you off. there is no such thing as a perfect relationship,sometimes you may even hate your gf/bf....becuase of something they do or say or whatever.

i really cant stand it when people are so naive and they believe everything and are so optimistic and they live in this...fantasy world....

and i am agaisnt marrige. marrige WILL ruin your relationship. you dont have to get marride in order to live with that person for the rest of your life. why do u think GUYS are so scared of commitment?, guys are really the most insecure people on this planet.

once you get marride,your whole relationship will fall downhill,honestly,DO NOT GET MARRIDE...like okay go and have babies..BE with that person as long as you want...BUT WHY THE FUCK GET MARRIDE?!?!
its stupid,that whole idea..and the whole ceramony...

rus_allince
48 / Male

Posted: December 14 2006 at 11:39 PM

its soo ironic how they say " do you swear that you will be with that person untill the day you die" or whatever....and then you have some problems and the only way that you get out of it is.............DIVOROCE!

FrUiTyRuTi
32 / Female

Posted: December 14 2006 at 11:39 PM

You would be surprised what you can do just by believing and loving yourself

GlebMat
35 / Male

Posted: December 14 2006 at 11:42 PM

I'm too lazy to read all of this but whats wrong with her pictures? There fine, I meen look at all the other pics that girlz have on... atleast she doesnt stand half naked infront of the camera... once again I agree with Gleb that there is such thing as love but ppl have different opinions, theres no right or wrong answer...

Her pictures? Take a quick look at them. Half of them show her ass, her tits, or her friend's asses/tits. Great way to attract a nice/caring/shy/sweet guy. And the line between standing half naked, or pushing your tits/ass out to the camera, is kind of blurry, wouldn't you agree :p

GlebMat
35 / Male

Posted: December 14 2006 at 11:43 PM

Well the love and hate is an EXTREAMLY long topic lolz I read like 5 book about it and its actually relli cool but thats for my reasons Good responce by the way

I'm an Epicurean Buddhist Nihilist (that's the easiest way to sum it up) so to me love/hate are kind of just psychological things of which we convince ourselves and shouldn't be too preoccupied on, but that's just me - we should be more concerned with the happiness we are having, not what we define it as.

mike_w
48 / Male

Posted: December 14 2006 at 11:49 PM

Just from the first sentence I can tell your conclusions are wrong, but let's, for the sake of argument, say that that's the point you're trying to prove. Going through the reasons:

#1: No use of inductive or deductive reasoning here, just a conclusion with no premises or evidence. (probably because of recent breakup) moving along,

#2: I wish we could measure that. But seriously, both boy and girl know (at your age of 15) that it probably won't last. It's just a fact. It's just illogical to devote urself to one person totally in a relationship when it's this early, and probably by mere physical appearance or some character trait, there will be a pull more in one direction than the other. But obviously in the ideal, it's unconditional love, which we all know teenagers these days can't even define. Point is: this is self evident and does not contribute to any universal principle of love or relationships. Maybe at the age of 15, but again, no deductive or inductive reasoning shown. moving along,

#3: It's in human nature to make mistakes. It's in the nature of males to make more when it comes to relationships. Illogical/irrational people put together often have their virtues and priotities mixed up badly, and ultimately don't trust the other person, resulting in such tension. My point: it's in our nature. It doesn't mean there is no love in this world. Teenagers just aren't experienced enough in it. Really, all relationships at this stage are are "tests". I'll probably be assaulted by hopeless romantics for saying that, but moving along,

#4: Rather self-evident principle, going out with someone logically follows being physically attracted to someone. The second part of "they got used to each other"... well, yes they did, and that's why it's just as easy to say: "I'm not comfortable with you anymore". Think about it, if there's no love in it in the first place, how can it contribute to the eradication of the principle of love as a whole? It's a universal idea that is intangible and can't be perceived by our imagination. We can bring up mental images of love in a really hot couple, but is that really what love is? No. It's technically an act of the will; an act of total self-giving, and not putting the other an unnecessary emotional or physical risk. My point: if there's no love there in the first place, it can't take away from the universal principle of it.

#5: "Do you know why people now get married? Because they find their right partner, with which they think they can live and have good family. Partners LIKE each other but its not love. Love can be gone in 1 or 2 month. The reason why people live with each other is because they got used to each other."
Wow I should rip this in so many ways, but I'll be gentle. The second sentence is the most absurd thing I've ever read this entire year. "Partners LIKE each other but it's not love". As I've said before, that's more like the teenage notion of love, but not the mature one. When you make your vows, you are showing that you are prepared to share the rest of your life with your partner, with your whole self. The next sentences say that love can be gone in a month, and that people stay with each other because they got used to each other. Let's start by saying: Marriage is of a different magnitude than a relationship of a 15 year old. If you accept that statement, then it follows that marriage is fundamentally different than teenage relationships. It's different in that love actually is there, not potentially. The partners stay with each other because they vowed they would, and because they are rational creatures making a life-long decision, and also because the love is actually there. We can derive this from the act of "love-making". Just from the name, we get that this procreative act is the act of total self giving that is characteristic of love, and is actualized in the creation of new human life. MY POINT: Love does exist in this world, but as an intelligible entity, not something we can sense.

Open to creative interpretation, sorry for any logical fallacies, but I think my conclusions are right based on the premises.
--Mike

FrUiTyRuTi
32 / Female

Posted: December 14 2006 at 11:49 PM

In fact, successful couples have the same number of
disagreements as the couples who divorce.
Even more interesting, all couples disagree about all the same
basic issues - money, kids, sex, housework, in-laws and time.
The difference between successful and unsuccessful
couples is how they handle their differences.
Successful couples disagree in a way that
makes their relationship stronger.
They also have other skills and attitudes which help
them build long-term happiness and satisfaction.

I think marriage is something you should look forward too. Marriage is special, when you find the right person and you know you want to spend your life with him why not? You obviously have to date the person for couple of years for the marriage to work. However, I know a couple who got married a week after meeting, and I got to say they are VERY and there kids are adorable! Obviously marry before having kids, you don’t want your bf to cheat on you because he feels free, and you defiantly don’t want to end up on the Maury show either: P

GlebMat
35 / Male

Posted: December 14 2006 at 11:52 PM

You will not be happy, and the sun will not shine everyday, and you will eventually break up. But does that mean you should lie and hide things from them? Absolutely not, I’m a big believer in honesty myself, and pretty much anything I think or say, I should be able to say to the person’s face – if I can’t, then how the hell can I say it behind their back? Plus constructive critisizm might help the person become better. And being realistic, having come out of a relationship, I realize that even though not all your dreams will come true, you can still be happy – some of the happiest moments of my life were with my ex, and without her, I wouldn’t have enjoyed or appreciated many of the events which have passed, and I wouldn’t have learned and developed, in relationships and life. And there are always new challenges and new problems – but that’s the fun of life, there is variety, and life is not repetitive. Otherwise too many people would get bored and jump off a cliff :p

Guys are scared of commitment? Maybe you’ve met the wrong guys, it all depends how comfortable the guy is with himself, and how mature he is. I’ve met girls who were unprepared for relationships, immature, and insecure – but I don’t go and become a sexist by having prejudice against them and discriminating against EVERY female. Plus, I thought we were getting married, what happened to that?

GlebMat
35 / Male

Posted: December 15 2006 at 12:02 AM

Love making is about love and giving yourself? Do you really believe that? Now you are becoming one of those "hopeless romantics" of whom you spoke, so as you said, I'm listing the logical fallacies in your arguments. Sex has little to do with love - it has to do with 2 basic things, one which encompasses another. One is the physical urge for release, the hormones in your body signal attraction and you want to actualize that "attraction" and absolve yourself of the suffering that the hormones are causing through the act of sex. Second is the "will to survive", present in humans, animals, and plants - this is the basic, subconcious way of us trying to prolong the life of our species. The only point of hormones, phermones, sexual organs, "love" and all that other stuff comes down to one single thing - the act of procreation for the purpose of prolonging the species. Sex is made to be enjoyous on purpose, not so that people would have alot of it with condoms on (and thus stupidly prevent the process from moving into the goal which it is supposed to achieve, in the form of child birth), but so that people would have lots of babies - and then by natural selection a few of those many would survive and prosper and continue the life of the species.

Quote:
  MY POINT: Love does exist in this world, but as an intelligible entity, not something we can sense.

Definitly agree. By the way, are you a schulich student by any chance?

rus_allince
48 / Male

Posted: December 15 2006 at 10:21 AM

You would be surprised what you can do just by believing and loving yourself

i do love and respect myself. but i dont believe in everything.

Pages: - [ 1 2 3 4 ] - Next Page
Untitled Document