Join Now! Forgot My Password
tmeet - Forum - Love?!
Discussion Forum Index / Love, Sex and Relationships / Love?!
Pages: Previous Page - [ 1 2 3 4 ] - Next Page

mike_w
48 / Male

Posted: December 15 2006 at 03:12 PM

GlebMat,

I agree with the second part of your argument, but just to clarify for the first part, I was using the philosophical definitions I've seen thus far. It's hard to define an intelligible with accidental terms, but that's the closest I've seen a definition to what it is. I was referring to hopeless romantics mostly to blind girls who are with a guy for x amount of time and actually think they will be together forever, or something to that effect. Love making in of itself suggests by the body language as an act of total self-giving. When you sleep with someone, I'd venture to say it is an act of total self-giving. I can try to visualize it for you in a girl. She's just had sex with a guy she met only a short time ago, and feels the depression, worthlessness, etc. complex that is common in such situations, assuming the girl has any moral base whatsoever. The problem for her is: she just gave herself to someone who didn't matter to her, there was no love in that act. It technically was an act of total self giving, but the bonding aspect was not present. when you have such situations, it's clear that many people take sex to be just an animalistic urge that needs to be fulfilled, an itch to be scratched, but I beg to differ.

And no, I'm not a Schulich student, but I'm applying there as a backup this year.

--Mike

ariinachka
35 / Female

Posted: December 15 2006 at 04:45 PM

y r u guys writin soo much??!

rus_allince
48 / Male

Posted: December 15 2006 at 04:46 PM

thats how we roll

mike_w
48 / Male

Posted: December 15 2006 at 05:00 PM

Quote: rus_allince
  thats how we roll

Word

Sean_I
48 / Female

Posted: December 15 2006 at 05:40 PM

love obviously exists, or people wouldn't marry each other in the first place

Karinka
48 / Female

Posted: December 15 2006 at 06:36 PM

sean...lol, sry to break it to u but some ppl marry for money so thats not a valid argument

xxbeautiful7
32 / Female

Posted: December 15 2006 at 06:47 PM

Quote: FrUiTyRuTi
  Well the love and hate is an EXTREAMLY long topic lolz I read like 5 book about it and its actually relli cool but thats for my reasons Good responce by the way

thats what mr.hamid told us.
but its not love and hate, but love and fear. and all the other emotions revolve around them.

xxbeautiful7
32 / Female

Posted: December 15 2006 at 06:50 PM

i dont believe in love either. buts its just because my parents dont love each other, they "like" eachother as friends...(theyre still married btw.) but they dont LOVE eachother, they respect eachother (they told me that) so i havent really seen 'real' love before so i dont believe in it...its all bullshytt

Yavor
38 / Male

Posted: December 15 2006 at 07:50 PM

do you think liana is gonna read all this?

Yavor
38 / Male

Posted: December 15 2006 at 07:53 PM

I guess it all boils down to what you are looking for when it comes to love... do you want to go after a person or do u want that person to go after you ... But I still would like to believe that two people can love eachother the same

GlebMat
35 / Male

Posted: December 15 2006 at 08:21 PM

Mike, you'll do good in schulich, you already sound like a schulich-boy.

And again, call it what you may, but sex is essentially about animalistic urges and the subliminal/unconcious want to further the species

rus_allince
48 / Male

Posted: December 15 2006 at 08:54 PM

so like to sum this up,in a few words...love dose exist

but!!! my mom has alot of friends that are in thier 40s and still havent found the right guy...they are still single..so love exist for some of us. like its not geranteed that we as humans will end up with the right guys and die happy...god didnt make a plan for us. wwe make the plan for us. we make our destiny,we make our mistakes..and we make our choices. like sometimes we say " i dont have a choice" thats not true..you always have choices.

xxbeautiful7
32 / Female

Posted: December 15 2006 at 11:28 PM

Quote: rus_allince
  so like to sum this up,in a few words...love dose exist

but!!! my mom has alot of friends that are in thier 40s and still havent found the right guy...they are still single..so love exist for some of us. like its not geranteed that we as humans will end up with the right guys and die happy...god didnt make a plan for us. wwe make the plan for us. we make our destiny,we make our mistakes..and we make our choices. like sometimes we say " i dont have a choice" thats not true..you always have choices.

sasha...i just got the urge to slap you REALLY hard...just beat the shyt out of you...wow.

rus_allince
48 / Male

Posted: December 15 2006 at 11:39 PM

lmao why

Vika_Chika
36 / Male

Posted: December 16 2006 at 12:50 AM

ya w.e u guys write too much
and yes, there is love
people do not go out bcuz they are used to each other, wht are u gona say about relationships when people start going out on the second day?
love has a diff defenition for each and everyone of us.
For example, im in love with my bf because hes been amazing with me , treated me well, he was there for me through everything he is just perfect and i do love him and im not just used to him i just love his personality and just the person he is!

AustralianGQ
35 / Male

Posted: December 16 2006 at 10:24 AM

Quote: babe_liana
  Discussion...

I want to see if I am wrong or no... for now I can give some prooves that there's NO LOVE in this world! Do you want to know why I think so? Well here you go...

Reason #1 There's no love because in relationship males want to use females only for their needs.

Reason #2 If you like your b/f or g/f it doesn't mean he/she likes you back the way you do. It's always like that in a relationship; someone likes more then another.

Reason #3 You think that there's love coz you'r relationship is so good and almoust perfect? Well its called lies. You and your partner lie to each other thats why you don't have that much fights because both of you keep secrets from each other.

Reason #4 Well do you know why people go out? Because they LIKE each other. They like his/her partner's personality, look, they have same interests, etc., but it doesnt have to do anythin with love. Why people go out for long time? Well they got used to each other.

Reason #5 Do you know why people now get married? Because they find their right partner, with which they think they can live and have good family. Partners LIKE each other but its not love. Love can be gone in 1 or 2 month. The reason why people live with each other is because they got used to each other.

I don't think I will ever see love in this world (never seen "love" couples...). Any ideas about "love and anti-love" thing?!

reason 1- those males are selfish pigs...why are u dating these kinda guys in the first place? seems to me ur party responsible and at fault for making a poor decision...find a care who cares and respects u and sees u as a equal.

reason 2- their should always be discussion in a relationship as to how both ppl feel about eachother...sometimes for one person its hard to admit how they feel or they are unsure, b/c they havent got serious before....if both ppl feel different, then maybe u should end it and find someone ur more compatible with..not all relationships are this way, alot arent...and u are foolish to think they are.

reason 3- alot of relationships are not perfect, ppl dont put the effort in...alot of ppl probally think they got something good b/c their is no cheating or lying or fighting, things arent always as they seem, its not perfect unless u know u can trust ur partner and u know their true feelings for u...keeping secrets is disrespectful, inmoral and dishonest and inmature, so i guess alot of ppl share those qualities...i sure as hell dont.

reason 5- they got used to eachother? sorry ur argument is flawed..some ppl stya together for money, power, an easy life etc...many do it b/c they love someone....

i think u wasted 30 mins typing crap that is flawed...love exists and just b/c ur a dumb brawd who met assholes and cant meet a nice guy and appreciate one who will treat u amazing b.c u get bored of him doesnt mean u have to come on here and spew negative crap...

AustralianGQ
35 / Male

Posted: December 16 2006 at 10:26 AM

oh im sorry, im so stupid...i just looked at ur profile 15 years old...well that explains it...shut up, what do u know about life...ur 15..

please come back and talk when u are 50 and u have experienced a life.

Romeo69
35 / Male

Posted: December 16 2006 at 12:33 PM

BURNNNNNNN

xxbeautiful7
32 / Female

Posted: December 16 2006 at 02:56 PM

very nice!

FrUiTyRuTi
32 / Female

Posted: December 16 2006 at 03:00 PM

Nu go do your HW lmao <3