Join Now! Forgot My Password
tmeet - Forum - start working out
Discussion Forum Index / Fitness and Health Discussion / start working out
Pages: - [ 1 ] -

djpete
36 / Male

Posted: May 22 2006 at 10:50 PM

does anyone have any tips for somone who wants to exercise at home befor bed to gain tricepts are pushups good and to get a six pack are crucnhes good

O_So_Sweet
42 / Male

Posted: May 26 2006 at 12:00 PM

If all you want to do is workout before bed, yea push-ups are great .. try doing them with different hand positionings.

1. Do pushups with your elbows in & your hands under your chest .. remember pushups are meant for chest, but that 1 will make you feel in in your tri's as well .. do 4 set of as many as you can each time (aim for a starting # of 10-15). You can also do that with your feel on the bed, so it angels you down .. more resistance.

Another tri workout is Dips ..

1. Stand infront of your bed, with your back to it. Walk forward slightley so thats a space between you & the bed .Place your hands on the bed, so that you're holding yourself up .. lower your body & then push yourself back up, great tricept workout!
As for a six pack .. crunches a good, but not a miracle worker. When you do crunches, make sure you pick a spot on your ceiling & focus on it (look up, not ahead).
I wold say if you're just beginning ..

1. Do sets of atleast 15/20 to start .. do a regualr crunch, try not to strain your neck, you should be pulling yourself up with your abs, or you're doing it wrong.

2. Incorporate legs into it to .. for set 2, do leg raises. Make sure your legs dont hit the ground when you do them & pull them as high up as you can. Put your hands under you ass for better balance & less strain on lower back.

3. Now do top & lower crunches .. do a regualr crunch, but now, bring your knee's up to your chest at the same time .. this excersize works your entire core.

Do a 10 reps of each of those excersizes, in the order
I listed, & then repeat so you do atleast 3/4 sets .. your reps per set should increas after doing them for a while ( ie. from 10 go to 15/set, then to 20/set)

Incorporate that with proper dieting * check the Basic Dieting & workout post for that) & you'll see great results within your first month garanteed!!

Do abs 4 times a week .. try mon/tues, thurs/fri .. when you wake up or before you go to bed.

Godd luck with it!

djpete
36 / Male

Posted: May 26 2006 at 04:22 PM

thanks man good adivice

bohdankudelya
36 / Male

Posted: July 09 2006 at 08:03 PM

dont excersise at home before goin to bed, its not good 4 ur heart

masha
35 / Female

Posted: July 09 2006 at 08:19 PM

not neccessarily, as long as you walk for a bit or stretch to get your heart rate down before you go to sleep, it's fine. You should stretch after each work out anyway to avoid injury.

I just wanted to add something to 0_So_Sweet 's comment, or change something rather. You shouldn't workout the same muscles one day after another. Your muscles need atleast 48 hours to recooperate, therefore, i suggest you do the excercises you were given above for your triceps one night, then the next night do abs, and alternate every night. Dont do all of that in one day and repeat it the following day because your just asking for trouble.

bohdankudelya
36 / Male

Posted: July 14 2006 at 06:50 PM

i dunno about workin out before goin to sleep for many reasons.
1. ull feel energetic after the workout cuz ur nervous system is is still workin hard to stabilize ur body after the workout. it will be imposible to fall asleep.
2. Ur body needs food after a work out. If u dont eat u dont grow muscle. And its bad to eat before goin to sleep cuz the food wont get digested properly n the digestion process is gonna keep u up.
but u really hav to do a good workout only than these 2 things r gonna happen. personaly if i do 5 sets of 20s in push ups n the same in crunches than i would not do them 4 hours before goin to sleep....

Pages: - [ 1 ] -
Untitled Document