Join Now! Forgot My Password
tmeet - Forum - DO U THINK THERE IS A SECOND...
Discussion Forum Index / Religion and Politics Forums / DO U THINK THERE IS A SECOND...
Pages: - [ 1 ] -

BOBBY
35 / Male

Posted: May 02 2006 at 12:34 AM

LIFE LIEK WHEN WE DIE DO WE GET REBORN ONCE MORE OR IS THIS OUT SECOND LIFE, WE HAD ONE BEFORE?

I DON'T IF THIS FIT HERE BUT I TOUGHT I POST AND ASK WHAT DO U THINK DO U BELIVE IN THIS

I';LL GO FIRST AND I SAY YES I THINK IT CAN BE POSSIBLE THAT HUMANS GET A SECOND OR THIRD CHANCES IN LIFE IT CAN BE TRU ITS NOT PROVEN BUT I BELIVE IN IT

WAHT DO U THINK

Vitali
37 / Male

Posted: May 03 2006 at 11:56 AM

I don't think it's important to think about what happens after you die. Whether or not there's another life isn't as relevant as what you do with this one. Live your life to the fullest, because as far as you or anyone knows, this is the only chance you have.

TMoore
37 / Male

Posted: May 12 2006 at 12:14 AM

I don't believe we get a seccond life. I believe in an afterlife, but that's different. It's said best in Gladiator. "What we do in life, echoes in eternity." What we do here controls our destiny in our afterlife. I'm a christian, so I believe most people know where that puts me on the view of the afterlife. If anyone doesn't though, feel free to ask.

gangstArr
47 / Male

Posted: May 19 2006 at 09:12 PM

Quote: Vitali
  I don't think it's important to think about what happens after you die. Whether or not there's another life isn't as relevant as what you do with this one. Live your life to the fullest, because as far as you or anyone knows, this is the only chance you have.

and what exactly does living your life to the fullest entail?

Does it mean beeing succesful? Rich? Healthy? In order to know what "to the fullest extent" means, you have to know your purpose. Why is it that youre living. If the reason you are alive today, is to make as much money as possible before you die, making as much money and sacrificing everything else in the world for greater wealth would constitute "fullest". It would make sense to lie, cheat, and steal because those acts help you achieve your purpose. But if that is not your purpose, yet you yourself decide to make it your goal, your life would become meaningless - you are chasing after the wrong thing.

That is just an example. The point, is that you cannot live your life to the fullest like every other 16 yr old these days has in their profiles, if you do not even know what your purpose in this world is.

gangstArr
47 / Male

Posted: May 19 2006 at 09:13 PM

and BOBBY,
dude youre 18. learn some grammar.

Vitali
37 / Male

Posted: May 19 2006 at 09:36 PM

Quote: gangstArr

Quote: Vitali

and what exactly does living your life to the fullest entail?

Does it mean beeing succesful? Rich? Healthy? In order to know what "to the fullest extent" means, you have to know your purpose. Why is it that youre living. If the reason you are alive today, is to make as much money as possible before you die, making as much money and sacrificing everything else in the world for greater wealth would constitute "fullest". It would make sense to lie, cheat, and steal because those acts help you achieve your purpose. But if that is not your purpose, yet you yourself decide to make it your goal, your life would become meaningless - you are chasing after the wrong thing.

That is just an example. The point, is that you cannot live your life to the fullest like every other 16 yr old these days has in their profiles, if you do not even know what your purpose in this world is.

Good point man. Let me clarify. Living life to the fullest means acheiving your goals, and in order to do that, you have to set your goals. If you go through life being mediocre, doing what your parents, teachers, bosses, spouses, kids, etc. tell you, you will wake up when you're 80, and realize that you've wasted your life. What's the point doing what people tell you if you don't even know why you're doing it? Not to say fuck everyone, do whatever you want. But when you're doing something, you have to understand the reason behind it, otherwise, you might as well be a robot.

The example you gave about wanting to make as much money as possible certainly qualifies. If you have no morals, that's fine, not everyone has to live by a moral code. If you put yourself before everyone else, that's fine too, as long as you'r ready to accept the consequences of such a life.

It just pains me to see a bunch of people who follow every fad because it's "in", and cannot think for themselves if their life depended on it. That is not living life to the fullest.

P.S. You're in UTSC, right?

Last edited by Vitali on May 19, 2006 a 9:37 PM

Andreas
35 / Male

Posted: May 20 2006 at 01:49 AM

and BOBBY,

Give the guy a break, you're such a prick. If you have a problem with immigrants then get the fuck off these forums, cause most of us are.

GlebMat
35 / Male

Posted: May 20 2006 at 02:32 AM

What does it matter if you get re-born?
First, it's mostly your religion that affects you (If you are Hindu, Buddhist, etc. you will believe in rebirth most likely, if you are Judeo-Christian then you will not believe in it most likely)
Second, your "2nd life" will not be acknowledged. I mean, your soul might be the same, but you will not remember your previous life, and even if you have slight "flash backs", you might just think it's your imagination or something of that sort
Third, you will not be the same. Since your environment, physical, mental, emotional circmustances and being will all be different, you will be someone else, and thus, it is not really a "2nd life", it will just be like a sequel to the first one, though unrelated

So regardless of whether there is rebirth or not, just be as happy as possible this time around, and have no regrets.

My personal belief: I don't know how g-d runs things, I got no idea what happens

gangstArr
47 / Male

Posted: May 20 2006 at 12:55 PM

Quote: Andreas

and BOBBY,

Give the guy a break, you're such a prick. If you have a problem with immigrants then get the fuck off these forums, cause most of us are.

First of all, control your mouth kid. Ill do whatever I like on these forums. Noone asked for your approval. Second, it doesnt matter if youre an immigrant or not, if youd like to express yourself and have people understand you, do so properly. Nobody will respect your lack of vocabulary later on "because youre an immigrant". That may fly at BNS, but not in the real world. Im an immigrant too, though I took the time to learn how to speak. Im giving this guy some useful advice, no need to sugar coat shitt Im not his mother. Next time, think before you speak.

Andreas
35 / Male

Posted: May 20 2006 at 04:25 PM

I thought I before I spoke and I'm telling you it's not right what you said to him. Maybe he hasn't been here for long, so give him a break. You have a lack of respect for people and think you're better than everyone when you say things like that. That's what it seems like. Please get off these forums, you have no respect KID.

Z24_4_Life
36 / Male

Posted: May 20 2006 at 04:29 PM

idan dont waste ur time man...

gino_mikey
35 / Male

Posted: May 20 2006 at 04:29 PM

matz55
37 / Male

Posted: May 20 2006 at 04:36 PM

Quote: Andreas
  I thought I before I spoke and I'm telling you it's not right what you said to him. Maybe he hasn't been here for long, so give him a break. You have a lack of respect for people and think you're better than everyone when you say things like that. That's what it seems like. Please get off these forums, you have no respect KID.

DONT TELL PEOPLE WHAT TO DO... FUCK FACE

gino_mikey
35 / Male

Posted: May 20 2006 at 05:03 PM

YES i doooooooo

chris4d
37 / Male

Posted: May 20 2006 at 05:06 PM

GlebMat
35 / Male

Posted: May 20 2006 at 06:16 PM

Anyone feel like getting back onto topic? Geez, this is the problem of debating on forums like this, people resort to random irrelavant arguments

Pages: - [ 1 ] -
Untitled Document