Join Now! Forgot My Password
tmeet - Forum - Gimme a suggestion on my next car
Discussion Forum Index / Automotive and Motorcycle / Gimme a suggestion on my next car
Pages: - [ 1 2 ] - Next Page

Chis_Shadow
34 / Male

Posted: December 11 2006 at 10:49 PM

Yo, im discussin wat car i should get, i have a cuple on my mind, all used but still. One is the Subaru Impreza WRX, then Acura TSX, then Mitsubishi Lancer, and finally an older BMW 3 series. Help me decide wat car i should get, lmao.

joeshmo
39 / Male

Posted: December 11 2006 at 10:54 PM

Mitsubishi Lancer: Low class, decent gas milage, I wouldn't get one that's older than a year

Subaru Impreza: You'd get screwed for insurance. Sports car + one of the top 10 most often stolen + most expensive to replace if stolen. I don't even see what's so good about it

BMW 3 series: Always a good bet, although depends what you mean by "older". If it's more than 5 years (or over 100,000km), I wouldn't. A 4 cyl engine is a 4 cyl engine.

Acura TSX: probably your best bet out of all these.

semendemon
35 / Male

Posted: December 12 2006 at 12:31 AM

I have a Lancer ES and an E36 318i in my family. I also have driven the WRX, and my friend owns a TSX, RSX, and TL in his family (talk about rich). The WRX is simply the fastest subcompact econobox car you can buy. It blows the balls off much more expensive German and Japanese sports cars, and those are DEDICATED sports coupes. This is a family sedan that can let you have a lot of fun in any weather (making it comparable to only Audi's ///S and ///RS series, and Mitsubishi's Evolution series) without breaking your wallet in terms of gas and insurance. They don't get stolen that much either; that is the Prodrive STi version that gets stolen a lot, because it is considered to be as exotic as an E46 ///M3.

Let me tell you something though, for your own good. My family is all into real estate and cars, so I know my house and I know my cars. I've been buying cars with my cousins from auctions since I was a little kid, and then selling them to all types of different markets. Do NOT buy a BMW under the year 2001. TRUST ME, do not be fooled by those people who say that, "oh it's a BMW, so it will easily run to 500,000km." They are just private sellers who want to get rid of their high-maintenance Bimmers and Benzes, so don't step into the dark side by buying one just for the class of it. German cars like those (except for VWs) are long known to be aristocratic cars, meaning you: a) have to be rich; and b) have to LEASE one so that at the end of your 2-5 years term -- just when all the expensive maintenances will start to kick in and the manufacturer bumper-to-bumper warranty will end -- you put some more money down and get a newer model. This is not for broke teenagers or families like me and you; get that BMW image out of your head and buy a fucking Acura. Don't even go for Lexus or Infiniti, 'cause all the Lexuses are too boxy, plasticky, and slow for my liking (the SC400s are the best though, 'cause they utilize European styling from the Toyota Soarer, but then you are paying your ass out for insurance, gas, and maintenance just like any German car), and the Infinitis are just nothing different from their Nissan counterparts (such as the powerful but hard-to-keep-up-with-costs Q45, boxy Maxima-clone I30, and slow ugly-ass J30).

Buy one of the new Civics, and older LX-G, or just hop into the RSX/TSX field. I am still saving up for a TL, but until then I drive a Passat GLS. I love my car, but I have spent well over $5 G's just in maintaining it, so stay away from Germans. They really are the DARK SIDE, 'cause once you buy it, you will fall in love with it SO MUCH that you will NOT get rid of it and just keep dumping more and more money into it to fix all its problems. And once you fix something, another thing goes wrong, 'cause with newer VWs/Audis and older Benzes, it is more of an electrical problem than a mechanical one. The maintenance bills just never end, and then of course, the 2.8L I have is not cheap on gas whatsoever either. I am lucky my car is lighter than the A4 that it is based on, and is FWD as opposed to AWD, allowing for better gas mileage overall. My insurance is luckily cheap too, 'cause I am an occasional driver.

People like me who have dealerships in the family can just slap dealership plates onto the latest model BMW and drive it around for their pimping purposes. But you people looking to actually BUY ONE for an everyday driver, you should seriously reconsider and mature up. You do NOT wanna spend your hard-earned money like that.

I hope that helps. Peace out, guys.

Chis_Shadow
34 / Male

Posted: December 12 2006 at 09:05 AM

Yo, this kid really knows what hes talkin bout, that actually helped man, and i thought i knew alot bout cars, i mean i know specs and shit, but mot all that about wat he talked. Thnx bro.

Yavor
38 / Male

Posted: December 12 2006 at 06:43 PM

Yea, go for WRX if u have the money for a 1999 and up other wise go for the bimmer man, i know some1 sellin a 320I for 3000 or so, 94, if u know anything about bimmers, the 320 is nothing sports, but its rear wheel drive and good on gas, inline 6 engine on 2.0 liters. 160 horse power, if u wanna burn some gas go for the wrx and speand atleast 14,000

Chis_Shadow
34 / Male

Posted: December 12 2006 at 08:34 PM

ye, i think thats wat im gonna do, i have round 20g's 2 burn, so imma buy a WRX prolly, cuz of the replies, and then spend sum money doing it up, like turbo, and bodykit and shit like dat, and oviously audio

semendemon
35 / Male

Posted: December 18 2006 at 10:38 AM

Get a WRX, add a sound system, body kit it, and then chip it. That is the order you need to go by. You'll be the happiest man alive. Or if you want an aggressive German look and can afford it, then buy a 2004+ 1.8T Jetta from an auction or private sale (and remember, do NOT buy any year under 2004, 'cause they are PACKED with electrical bugs and considered a timebomb by many owners). Both should have relatively the same costs for insurance and gas, and you're gonna be pimping either way. Your other choice is to hop into an H22a Prelude, but then you're paying too much insurance, having to rev high to get the advertised performance out of your engine (thus using more gas), and your girls can't fit in the back seat. So, you have already made the best choice by going with the four-door econobox, WRX. Your other less-performing choice would have been the Lancer RalliArt, but it really does not come close to the fun-factor of the WRX.

Just remember to have your mechanic check the car if you are buying private, 'cause 60% of the cars being sold out there have hidden leakages, defects, or signs of an accident that can only be seen when lifted on a hoist.

Finally, stay away from E36s! They ARE BMWs! And you can't even lease an old BMW, so why would you BUY it with your hard-earned cash? It is a waste! My 318i is the only four-banger engine among the BMW family (all the other ones such as the 320i are small I6s), and it stills kills me when I know I just had an engine misfire and need to visit my mechanic again. And simple maintenance parts like original spark plugs, brakes, and rotors cost around $500 altogether WITHOUT labour (I know aftermarket exists, but aftermarket brakes squeak when you press down on them, so I always use original parts ... and besides, this is just a comparison to show you how much the cheaper parts in a car cost from BMW as opposed to maybe the more expensive ones like a bumper, CV joint, bearing, etc.), so why not just save that money and dump it into buying a newer generation BMW? E36 has the sexiest design out of all the generations of 3-series, and I agree to that because I have been a HUGE BMW fan ever since I was born. But it is nothing more than a financial headache to own! They are not for Canadian winters either due to their RWD platform, so you should dump EVEN MORE money into making it somewhat safer by buying expensive winter tires (the cheapest would be 4 x $100 = $400, and that is like some crappy brand like Firestone). Also, most German cars have specially designed engine bays that only the dealership's mechanics can understand and work on. Everything is assembled differently, and some parts like the engine oil are hidden just to make your regular maintenance a dealership necessity. THAT is why I said they are aristrocratic cars, because a rich person does not worry about all of that, since maintenance in the first 5 years is paid for already by his warranty on the $80,000+ car that he bought. And if it is not, he is not worried about a couple of hundred bucks here and a couple of a hundred there just to look and drive as rich as he is. WE as teens sell shit on eBay and think we're rich enough to go buy a BMW, Benz, Audi, or some old Cadillac just 'cause we see Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, Jay-Z, Puff Daddy, Tupac, or some other artists pull up in one in their music videos. (Notice: I didn't say Biggie, 'cause he actually liked Mitsubishi Eclipses and Acuras.) It really doesn't make you look that cool once you have to pull over and call roadside assistance, just 'cause you fear to drive any further with your timebomb.

Consider all of these things and then hit the Mitsubishi, Subaru, or VW dealership. Peace.

Chis_Shadow
34 / Male

Posted: December 18 2006 at 02:41 PM

Thnx bro, fo sho, im dead seat on gettin a 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX, if u look on my profile, thats pretty much wat i wana do wit it, and that bodykit is 4,700, so i mean, its all good, but ye, thnx for the explanations bro, they really really help

jdmaster
34 / Male

Posted: December 24 2006 at 12:37 AM

are you gonna be like using the car for racing?
or just A to B driving ?

Chis_Shadow
34 / Male

Posted: December 25 2006 at 12:40 AM

racing man, and dont worry, i just bought an Impreza WRX STI, rofl, post kinda old

Romeo69
35 / Male

Posted: December 25 2006 at 06:28 PM

pontiac GTO.. or Scion TC.

draganeee
38 / Male

Posted: January 04 2007 at 06:48 AM

Quote: Chis_Shadow
  Yo, im discussin wat car i should get, i have a cuple on my mind, all used but still. One is the Subaru Impreza WRX, then Acura TSX, then Mitsubishi Lancer, and finally an older BMW 3 series. Help me decide wat car i should get, lmao.

Audi!

Chis_Shadow
34 / Male

Posted: January 04 2007 at 05:02 PM

nah yo, old post man, i allready got my STI bredren, got it for a good price, and i allready modded it 2 the max

xxbeautiful7
32 / Female

Posted: January 04 2007 at 05:25 PM

just a question...y do guys care so much about cars!?? they're always talking about them, thinking about them,or looking at them!!! CARS. not girls. cars!!! they're just a piece of metal trash that u use for transportation!!!

xxbeautiful7
32 / Female

Posted: January 04 2007 at 07:13 PM

haha. no one can answer that!!

Chis_Shadow
34 / Male

Posted: January 04 2007 at 07:14 PM

i can answer that, i dont care more bout cars, guys care about cars, because nice cars can get u nice girls, lmao, its alot easier 2 pick up a girl if u have a nice car like lets say a ferarri, than if u have a 1980 Honda Civic, lmao

xxbeautiful7
32 / Female

Posted: January 04 2007 at 07:17 PM

well i dunno what a 1980 honda civic is, but its not true...unless ur looking for some whore who will take ur money and run...
i know this guy and he has the most AMAZING car...I LOVE ITTT!! but him...er...no. he kinda doesn't match with the car, if u know what i mean... so i'd have to disagree wid u there chriss

Chis_Shadow
34 / Male

Posted: January 05 2007 at 01:13 PM

lol, well thats good that u can speak ur mind yo,and it is true wat you said, you have 2 match wat u drive, no offence, but i can tell alot about a guy from what they drive, and im not saying if its nice or nething, its just that guys can tell about others from cars and shit, but ya, i mean, i dont know if i match my car, i just bought it cuz i know when i get a family, that if i got a 2 door right now, i wud have 2 change. So instead i bought an Impreza STI which is 4 door, and its practical in canadian winters

Rompa_Palli
39 / Male

Posted: January 24 2007 at 09:53 AM

Quote: joeshmo
  Mitsubishi Lancer: Low class, decent gas milage, I wouldn't get one that's older than a year

Subaru Impreza: You'd get screwed for insurance. Sports car + one of the top 10 most often stolen + most expensive to replace if stolen. I don't even see what's so good about it

BMW 3 series: Always a good bet, although depends what you mean by "older". If it's more than 5 years (or over 100,000km), I wouldn't. A 4 cyl engine is a 4 cyl engine.

Acura TSX: probably your best bet out of all these.

you're a complete moron if u don't know what a subaru is for...
yes even though it's higher on insurance than some other cars, it still evens out cause Subaru's don't crash in the winter time...lol unless someone hits them and i know this cause i own one...their handling in the winter as well as any other season is flawless compared toa bunch of other cars that i've driven. DON'T GET THE MITSUBISHI LANCER ES i have one and i crashed the first one we had cause as soon as u hit the brakes, the fucking thing locks up...and it's shit in the winter as well as rain cause it's such a light weight car with shitty ass tires...BMWs in general are like subarus but only rwd cause they're heavy like subarus and that's why subarus are so "slow" cause it's such a heavy car not like a civic or acura...my friend own a '96 m3 bmw and that car is crazy...has some modifications to it....

Chis_Shadow
34 / Male

Posted: January 24 2007 at 02:35 PM

what r u talkin about Subarus r slow, I just recently bought my Subaru Impreza STI, put on a Stage 3 Turbo on it, i garauntee you it will rip your friends M3, and ur Subaru 2 peices, i allready raped a C32 AMG and a C55 AMG, and a 2005 M3, trust me, Impreza STI is not a slow car man

Pages: - [ 1 2 ] - Next Page
Untitled Document