Join Now! Forgot My Password
tmeet - Forum - civic?
Discussion Forum Index / Automotive and Motorcycle / civic?
Pages: Previous Page - [ 1 2 ] -

TOLSTI
35 / Male

Posted: May 19 2006 at 05:22 AM

true ...... fuk but its soo bullshit like im workign 2day and 2morrow all ma friends are leaving 2 nite.... and i preatty much have no ride.... cuz im goin saturday after 6 so i think im gona bus it thre....

TOLSTI
35 / Male

Posted: May 19 2006 at 05:23 AM

its gona b a mad mission

Z24_4_Life
36 / Male

Posted: May 19 2006 at 12:03 PM

pureee garbage and a waste of time...civics are played out....ur idea is sooo gay and everyone has it
and if u wanna blow ur life savings...keep saving and drive a decent car

soviet_soldie
37 / Female

Posted: May 19 2006 at 12:09 PM

whats the point of buyin a shitbox and wastin money on it.. save up and buy a better car.. dun waste it on shit

TOLSTI
35 / Male

Posted: May 19 2006 at 03:30 PM

thats true also .. .but ma idea of a car is a bmw, audi, benz, lexus.... and i definatly du not want 2 walk that long ...... its eather buyin a civic and suping it up or buyin sum other shitbox for the same money.... might as well make sumitng go fast..

soviet_soldie
37 / Female

Posted: May 19 2006 at 03:47 PM

whats the point of buyin a shitbox and "suping it up" ? waste of money and POINTLESS... think twice before doin it kiddo and listenen to the other guys that said the same thing as i am... POINTLESS!!!

TOLSTI
35 / Male

Posted: May 19 2006 at 03:48 PM

well i aint walking...... or driving ma moms car....

TOLSTI
35 / Male

Posted: May 19 2006 at 03:57 PM

so wat should i do buy a skateboard? lol

Z24_4_Life
36 / Male

Posted: May 19 2006 at 04:37 PM

save up some more like till 5000, and go to an auction and buy a decent car and drive it...until u get enuff money again for a better car and use this one as a trade in
ur only 17 relax...unless ur planning on dying young dont rush

TOLSTI
35 / Male

Posted: May 19 2006 at 04:39 PM

i dunt like 2 take things slow in ma line of work shit changes quikly...

Vitali
37 / Male

Posted: May 19 2006 at 05:36 PM

Yeah dude, I agree with z24 and soldier. Don't blow your cash on a riced civic, wait a bit more, and get something half decent. For under 5,000 you can get a 90-92 BMW 3 series, which is infinitely better than a 93 civic.

chris4d
37 / Male

Posted: May 19 2006 at 05:47 PM

elessexephsee
39 / Male

Posted: May 20 2006 at 07:35 PM

Read what I am about to tell you VERY carefully. You should appreciate the fact that I'm about to take the time to write all of this up:

1. "is buying a 1993 hatch or coupe and droping a b16 in it and a catbak a good idea....." -

2. "i have a budjet of 3 grand......."

3. "if i do get a civic JDM, spoon style all da way no shity body kits or wings just white civic wit a carbon fiber hood lip sleaper lights and black rims..... wit a monster engine......"

4. "and i can do all dat for 5 grand including the cars price so come on gearheads tell me ur opinions...."

5. "well the car is $700... b16 800-900 wit install cat bak 400 body work 1000 plus paint job 1000 plus i need a sound system and fix the interior...."

6. "so yea im not sure even if i want 2 turbo charge it ....."

7. "i might just put headers and leave it at that for a while.... wit headers catbak and a b16 i should b runnin about 190hp"

8. "plus dunt forget the suspension upgrades are gona cost money 2.... so there goes ma budject...."

1. A 1993 Civic hatch was built for one purpose - To go far, for cheap. Whatever mods you start adding on, will hinder both of those.

A B16A1 is gutless (stock), but cheap.
A B16A2 has some decent pep, especially in a 2100lb shell like an EG hatch, but they are still worth some coin.

2. & 4. Is your budget 3 grand or 5 grand? For 3 grand, good luck breaking into the 15s. For 5 grand, you have a bit to play with.

3. With whatever budget you do have, 3 or 5 grand, you won't have any cash to keep it "JDM" and "Spoon style". Leave the body as it is, just make sure the frame is fine. You wanted to go fast for cheap, the last thing you should give a shit about is working on the body anymore than you need to in order for it to pass safety. Why would you waste money on a carbon fiber hood? Civic hoods weigh next to nothing anyway. Saving 5lbs won't do you any good. Don't get black rims, they will probably be big and heavy, one of the last things you want if you're planning on going fast. You won't have a monster engine on a budget of 5 grand.

5. The car is 700$?, ok, I can believe that, you can find them that cheap.

B16 for 800-900 with install? You're dreaming. A B16A1 will run you that much if you REALLY shop around and get it legit, without labour. If you were capable of doing the swap yourself, I'd reccomend that, but you clearly are not, so you will need to pay somebody at least a few hundred $$$ for the install. You're lucky FWD Honda swaps are easy as pie. A B16A2 will run you about double that if you really spend the time to shop around. Then there is the install, which will be more than the A1. You're looking at about 400-500$ if you're lucky for the install. Would you look at that, you're already upto 2500$ to just drop the engine in. As far as tranny goes I do believe you can get away with using the stock unit, however on a 700$ Civic, I'm not sure how long that will last you. If you decide to grab a tranny that comes with the EK SiR's (B16A2), you're gonna have to convert to a hydraulic clutch setup vs. a cable setup which I believe comes with the EFs. Also, I do believe converting to OBD II will cost you a bit more too. And these prices are for legit decent mileage engines. Not stolen.

Do not spend 400$ on an exhaust system that doesn't even include a header. Pick something used off a Honda board for like 100-150$. Whatever it is, it will 100% breathe much better than stock.

1000$ for body work - Don't do it. #1 you won't get shit for $1,000, and #2 - That'd be a waste of $1,000. Like I said, keep the body as it is. Who cares about rust.

You need a sound system and to fix the interior? No you don't, not with that kind of budget. Sound system = Weight. Weight = BAD. Sound system = more load on alternator. Load on alternator = BAD. As for the interior. Rip out everything short of the driver seat, shifter, and dash. You'll want to cut weight as much as you can with that budget.

6. You CAN'T turbocharge it with that budget. And you'd be an idiot leaving the block stock and just throwing on a turbo.

7. Header, not headers. You have 1 bank of cylinders, there is only 1 header. You'll never run 190hp with a stock B16A2, a header, and a catback.

8. You won't have money for suspension upgrades unless you get some DIRT cheap. Check the Honda boards for that again. You can probably pick up a set of Teins in decent shape for a few hundred bucks if lucky. Personally I'd reccomend Cusco, but, you can't afford it, so I'm not going to.

So what's my suggestion?

If you have a budget of 3 or 5 grand, you're better off just buying a Honda that's already modded, as sourcing everything piece by piece will cost you. NO COMMERICAL POSTS has hundreds of them in the For Sale forum. You can probably find a B16A2 EG for about 3,000$ if you look a bit. Practice practice practice, that's the only other thing I can reccomend. Nothing beats driver skill. My buddy ran a 13.1 with only 176.5whp (stock B18C5 + AEM V2) in a full interior EG. I'll be the first to tell you that you will never be able to match that, as I've never seen anybody drive Hondas like he can. However, I would aim for high 13's with a stock B16A2 in an EG. Shave a couple hundred pounds by gutting the thing and it'll be easier.

Good luck, you'll need it.

P.S. You won’t be able to afford “the best alarm in the fuck world.”

P.P.S. You can’t open and start a Civic in under 10 minutes.

Last edited by Mike on May 21, 2006 a 12:01 PM

MKD_King
35 / Male

Posted: May 23 2006 at 06:44 PM

Why not buy a better car for $5000? Also, you won't get all of what you want to do for $5000, at least not with quality parts anyways.

jdmaster
34 / Male

Posted: November 03 2006 at 06:21 PM

im sorry but i dont think for 5 grand you ll be able to make a killer civiv.. i mean if ur gonna be getting ur parts from a big company like spoon ur gonna be spending alot of money... and the b16 engines dont go cheaper than 1300 american.. so i think around 1500 canadian for it... as far as converting it to JDM.. not cheap.. i think the spoon front/rear lip and side skirts will be in the 2000 ... crazy i no. and the b16 isent pushing that much power stock.. so if ur gonna go for an NA set up prob around 10 000... but for a turbo set up 9000.. hope that helped u bro..

K_M_D
35 / Male

Posted: November 04 2006 at 06:17 PM

obviously nobody has cared since may 23rd. pay attention n00b.

Tyoma
35 / Male

Posted: November 04 2006 at 07:29 PM

Quote: elessexephsee

<br><br><font size = "-4">Last edited by Mike on May 21, 2006 a 12:01 PM</font>

Yes you can, I can't comment on everything else you said because I don't personally have any experience with engine swaps or shopping around for civic parts but I can assure you out of personal experience, you can absolutely one thousand percent open and start a civic in under 10minutes.

TOLSTI
35 / Male

Posted: November 15 2006 at 02:01 AM

Quote: Tyoma

Quote: elessexephsee

<br><br><font size = "-4">Last edited by Mike on May 21, 2006 a 12:01 PM</font>

Yes you can, I can't comment on everything else you said because I don't personally have any experience with engine swaps or shopping around for civic parts but I can assure you out of personal experience, you can absolutely one thousand percent open and start a civic in under 10minutes.

i'll bet a civic on it

TOLSTI
35 / Male

Posted: November 15 2006 at 02:02 AM

so turst me honda lovers invest in new locks and alarms

Pages: Previous Page - [ 1 2 ] -
Untitled Document