Join Now! Forgot My Password
tmeet - Forum - 14 Year Olds
Discussion Forum Index / General Discussion / 14 Year Olds
Pages: Previous Page - [ 1 2 ] -

TOLSTI
35 / Male

Posted: January 11 2007 at 07:00 PM

i think barbie dolls started this whole delema...

joeshmo
39 / Male

Posted: January 11 2007 at 08:30 PM

Quote: Tinkerb1tch
  I don't mind 14 year old using the site as long as I don't see them being promiscuous because I have a 15 year old sister and I always tell her if shes going to act like that she can say goodbye to her reputation because you never know who is around with the internet.... there could be gross creepers and jealous people that take what you say seroiusly and turn it into rumors. Kids these days are malicious.

To drive that point, consider the fact that 20-30% of employers routinely check places like myspace, msnSpaces, and in Toronto, possibly sites like MMTO and tmeet. (here's an article http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/06/20/eveningnews/main1734920.shtml) Not for your McJobs, but if you're applying for something more serious (like a corporate intern, a bank teller, or something like that), there is a possibility that your name might turn up in google, pointing to something you (or your potential employer) may not like. And once its there, you can't get rid of it because google caches everything.

FrUiTyRuTi
32 / Female

Posted: January 11 2007 at 09:35 PM

Personally I think it’s not about age it’s about maturity. Some 14 year olds seem to understand concepts and act more maturely than 19 year olds. I don’t believe I act my age, or so have I been tolled. Don’t judge us, we don’t judge you… RESPECT!

xxbeautiful7
32 / Female

Posted: January 11 2007 at 09:50 PM

I HAVE A DREAM

that one day
we will not be judged by our brothers and sisters.

This is a stupid forum because 14 year olds arent always immature and looking to hookup with older guys .14 year olds can as well be more mature than 16, 17, or even 18 year olds. Most of the people who are that age (16-1 that I know are much more immature than me. I think 14 year olds are cool

FrUiTyRuTi
32 / Female

Posted: January 11 2007 at 09:58 PM

agreed.

TOLSTI
35 / Male

Posted: January 11 2007 at 10:31 PM

its not about acting mature its about being mature.....

FrUiTyRuTi
32 / Female

Posted: January 11 2007 at 10:35 PM

Well for our cause both fit into the deinition

FrUiTyRuTi
32 / Female

Posted: January 11 2007 at 10:47 PM

*defenition

Lena
35 / Female

Posted: January 14 2007 at 02:04 AM

Quote: joeshmo

Quote: Tinkerb1tch
  I don't mind 14 year old using the site as long as I don't see them being promiscuous because I have a 15 year old sister and I always tell her if shes going to act like that she can say goodbye to her reputation because you never know who is around with the internet.... there could be gross creepers and jealous people that take what you say seroiusly and turn it into rumors. Kids these days are malicious.

To drive that point, consider the fact that 20-30% of employers routinely check places like myspace, msnSpaces, and in Toronto, possibly sites like MMTO and tmeet. (here's an article http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/06/20/eveningnews/main1734920.shtml) Not for your McJobs, but if you're applying for something more serious (like a corporate intern, a bank teller, or something like that), there is a possibility that your name might turn up in google, pointing to something you (or your potential employer) may not like. And once its there, you can't get rid of it because google caches everything.

Why would a 14 year old girl apply for a job as a corporate intern or a bank teller? lol...And, as for the playing with Barbie dolls and staying home - Wtf - Nice progressive thinking there. In which century are you in? It's their choice what to do - It should be your objective to heighten the age of consent maybe, if you're so concerned about your litle sister -

Because the age of consent in Canada is 14!!!! So, whoever said it's 16 is wrong! And also, a 12 or 13 year old is allowed to consent to sexual relations with anyone who is 2-3 years older. The Harper gov't is trying to make the age of consent 16, but libs are opposing it. Get involved.

...So, maybe we should get realistic here - Because the interet is not going away.

TOLSTI
35 / Male

Posted: January 14 2007 at 02:42 AM

but its not only based on politics and laws i would not even want 2 do anything wit a person more den 2 yrs younger....

Lena
35 / Female

Posted: January 14 2007 at 02:56 AM

There are laws in place because all people will not be equally moral; there must be a standard. This is your opinnion - it is not necesarily the right choice.

However, if more people share your opinnion(i.e. the majority of a country or even province), you can take steps to change the law, in a democracy. Oh, and last time I checked, Canada is one. So, have fun!

Pages: Previous Page - [ 1 2 ] -
Untitled Document